Don’t have an eCommerce website and want to sell successfully online? There is a grant you don’t want to miss!
The Irish Government is offering an eCommerce life line to retailers to upgrade their websites and trade more successfully online.
Never before have so many shopped online for so much. The closure and movement restrictions imposed by the current Covid-19 pandemic has had a devastating effect on Ireland’s business sector. But while some traders are experiencing a massive loss of income and business, other sectors are enjoying a boom time of online shopping. Much of this shopping is being done by first time remote purchasers, emboldened by their positive experience of buying groceries online are now searching and purchasing all manner of goods through all kinds of websites. It is prime time for online sales and gardening, baby clothes and pharmacy eCommerce websites are among those seeing the virtual tills ringing, even as the bricks and mortar stores remain firmly closed.
If you are not among those whose website sells your services or stock, or if you need an upgrade to make the things work, then you may be eligible for theTrading Online Voucher Scheme. A financial grant of up to €2,500 is available along with training and advice to allow you to grow your online business. Even if you have already received a LEO, Online Trading Voucher in the past, you are now eligible for a second grant.
This is a clear and tangible way for Irish business’s to
improve their offerings both now and in the future. It’s part of the Governments National Digital
Strategy and is an absolute life line to all those struggling with the new
‘normal’ of lockdowns, closures and restricted operational hours.
Who is eligible:
Small businesses who trade online and have up to 10 employees, a turnover of less than €2 million and who have been in operation for more than six months. Also businesses who have previously availed of the L.E.O. Trading Online Voucher Scheme are now eligible for a second grant.
How much does it cost?
The applicant business pay a 10% contribution, while the grant covers the remaining 90% of the cost of their digital upgrade up to €2500.
What do I get?
Your Local Enterprise Office which will assist you in
deciding what is best for your business.
From getting an entirely new eCommerce website built to developing your
current website (add a booking engine, improving functionality etc.). You can
also use the grant to avail of digital marketing, social media marketing and
SEO expertise to take your website up the Google search rankings. Making an informed decision about the best
actions needed to grow your online business will influence what you choose to
do with the grant, but the options for improvement are many.
This is an incredible opportunity. A lifeline which gives a chance to be proactive in the future of your business, even though we sit in an uncertain climate at present. The benefits of spending time and money on your website will not just be felt in the current crisis, but for many years to come. There is no doubt that online shopping and search habits will have changed during this period of social distancing, isolation and lockdown. The increased traffic in online shopping may well continue way past the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions as new consumer habits are formed. The ability to provide an eCommerce website that is smooth, stylish and easy to navigate, can only be a bonus as we all find our way back to the new, new normal. Our Sales and Digital Marketing teams are available to discuss any queries, concerns or amazing ideas you might have in relation to the Online Voucher Trading Scheme.